Recollection

Thursday, April 07, 2005

A Great Pope That Inspires

Sunday (April 3) 3AM Philippine time - Pope John Paul II died in Vatican.

I got the flash news in morning TV while I was doing my laundry outside and suddenly I heard that the Pope died at 3AM. I was not shocked or surprised in the news since I already guessed that his body was gone terminal "hooked up with life support system" but I broke my tears while watching TV. April 3 was not only my 5th year in my company and that moment, I felt that the time stopped and all my memories during World Youth Day event gushed out in my mind. I was also an official member during World Youth Day 1995 in Manila joining with all Don Bosco schools. I also remember that I saw the great Pope riding in a special vehicle and the distance that I could get near was 15 meters. For me, it WAS a great thing I couldn't forget. With all his inspiring thoughts, his simple smile, his hand wave touch our lives and bring us closer to God.

Memories... this is the unforgettable thing that he would leave in our hearts. And with that, I am very grateful.

Pope John Paul II (1920-2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home