Recollection

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September Vacation: My Hometown

Victorias City, Negros Occidental - That's my hometown that I grew up for over 20 years. I grew up with both good things and bad things in life: well, good things that I cherished and bad things that I learned... but the point is all are part of me in my life and that's why I grew up with those. During my vacation, my parents were not there already since they migrated to US last July. Still my home wasn't empty since my cousins were there taking care our stuffs. Even though they weren't here, I gonna find my time to go back at least once a year.

After a short rest in the weekends, I finally got outside to roam around in my place (church, school, factory,...), took some pics, and talked to people I knew.


Our nearby church (Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church). The construction is still not finished but little by little it would be completed soon.


Recreation plaza. It's just a 2-minute walk from my home and this is commonly used for morning exercises, basketball game, and stage events.


Our old church (St. Joseph The Worker Parish Church). It is a famous church in our place due to large paintings around the altar. This is quite far from my home but I played Mass songs in Sunday morning.


Inside the St. Joseph The Worker Parish Church. Some people called it "Church of the Angry Christ." Just look the center painting and you will notice the facial expression. Hehehehe...


A close view of the altar. There are more paintings on the ceiling.


The sundial at the side of the St. Joseph The Worker Parish Church. Nothing grand about this but this is the first thing in my life that makes my mind wonder. You know what time I got this picture. :)


The sugar milling site of our hometown. There were a lot of rail tracks before... but now it's a rough mud road going to the site.


My school when I was in high school (Don Bosco Technical Institute). A private school with lots of green and field. This is the Magone soccer field: it is near the main entrance.


This one is Savio soccer field: located in the heart of school. I really miss playing soccer since it is a famous sport in our school. Good thing that some elementary students were playing soccer while I took the shot.


Seeing this pic brings back my Bosconian memories. Some kids played soccer bare-footed, others still in school uniform, and the rest anything goes.


The statue of St. John Bosco and St. Dominic Savio


Administrative building. Also, there are classrooms for high school at the sides.


Covered gym for indoor games and main school activities.


The machine shop, one of the technical shops in our school (others are electronics, carpentry, and computer). This is where I learned to make metalworks and to use files, drill press, calipers, grinder, micrometer, and other mechanical tools.


The Magone field. Wish I can play one more time here. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home